Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Tuesday 24 May 2011

What do you know...

Well, I didn't get that job in Juba I was 'volunteered' for, but I will become the new Team Site Leader here in Yei. So on one side I don't get to go to a huge camp, do a stressful job with long hours or pay out the nose (comparatively speaking) when I go out to eat - but I do get to stay in Yei, play with AC and hang out with the friends I've made over the last eight months.

Win-win, really. The job as the UNMO-Coordinator would have been interesting and challenging, but I like the somewhat more sedate life we have here in Yei. And since I seem to have managed well when I've been the Acting Team Site Leader, I don't think there will be too much of a shock in the end of June when I get to be the Real Team Site Leader.

Only downside I see is that I have to let someone else deal with the nitty-gritty of planing leaves and suchlike... good thing I have trained my deputy well.

No comments:

Post a Comment