Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Thursday 12 May 2011

Twisted beds and hanging out with AC

Today when I got to my container for lunch I realized my bed was all... twisted up.
I might start paying a bit more attention to how my bed is made up for the next few days...

Our Peruvian friend, who as mentioned on Monday has gotten malaria, is not doing any better - in fact, he's gotten a secondary infection on top of it. Part of the day have been spent arranging a MedEvac for him - tomorrow we'll load him into a chopper and send him off to Juba. Hopefully he'll make a quick and full recovery, since right now he looks like death warmed over.

After having dealt with that and had my dinner, I decided to hang out on my doorstep and drink my coffee. Little AC came over and demanded attention, and luckily I had stashed the brush just inside the door... spent a good 15 minutes petting and brushing on her before she decided she had had enough. Or rather, something else got her attention - her attention span is not the greatest. Still, it was nice while it lasted, and I'm sure it wont be the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment