Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Back in Khartoum, once again

Once again I am in Khartoum - today was supposed to be a full day in the big city, but due to the meeting in Juba I only got a few hours in town.

I'm really looking forward to my leave now. I know it's really not that long since my last one, but it'll be nice to be home for Easter and get early spring in Norway.

As for yesterdays hush-hush... the cat is out of the bag now, so I may speak more freely. Yesterday all the other Norwegian military personnel in southern Sudan meet with the Norwegian Minister of Defense, who was on a fact finding tour with a view to what Norway can provide if/when a new mission in South Sudan is rolled out. Very interesting, very worthwhile and better by far than sitting a whole day in Khartoum.

No comments:

Post a Comment