Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Friday 29 October 2010

Yei, I'm "home"!

It is interesting how quickly I grew to see my team site as a home away from home... as seen by how damn good it is to be "home" again and get cranking. I think I wouldn't have minded the trip so much if it hadn't been for the delays built in due to the flight schedule - to attend a three day class I have been gone from the team site for a week...

As a pleasant surprise, the team site leader had left some odds and ends with the other Norwegian for us to share when he went on leave; in addition to a nice, red little tub for carrying laundry in I got a couple of cans (coconut milk and green peas), some bullions, spices and a bit of flour and rice... and a bottle of tamarind sauce, which smells interesting but I have no idea what sort of food to put it in. Should be a nice taste with rice though.

Right now life is decent - if it hadn't been raining I would done laundry. Instead, I'm sitting here enjoying the one thing I found in Khartoum that I havn't found here: Real Coffee, brewed in my press can. Apart from being with my better half, there isn't much I would change right now.

1 comment:

  1. I've been told that tamarind sauce is good on roasted meats, with curries, and with beans. Personally, I've never used the stuff because I found the smell to be a bit odd. It was a staple condiment at Nawabs.

    Also, apparently tamarind trees are native to Sudan. Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete