Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Settling in

I'm learning my way around the team site and the team – yesterday I got good briefs on the jobs of G1, G3 and the Duty Officer. The last is most welcome, since my first round as DO is... friday. Thursday – that is, tomorrow – I'll head out on my first Short Duration Patrol, ie: a patrol to a village or town where we dont spend the night. I'm quite excited about it, and also worried, since I'm the designated driver. It'll probably be okay, I just have to remember water, some food and my GPS so I can tag the place for later.


I'll see if I can't get down town to do some shopping today, I need a few odds and ends now that I'm in my permanent container. However, work first – I need to talk to G2 and G4 about their jobs, as well as read more of the Team Site instructions. And in between I am going on a TP – town patrol – to help gauge the local situation (probably calm and stable).


No comments:

Post a Comment