Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Initialuker - Initial weeks

I've decided to revive this blog, since I'm once again doing something that is relevant to it – I'm having two weeks of briefs, training and getting loot from the depot. The first day have been okay, with medical check-ups (apparently, I'm in good shape), paper work and drawing equipment from the quartermasters. They given us some neat gear, I'm particularly fascinated by the ceramic filter water pump – it looks simple, foolproof and in theory ever lasting (even if it does come with a go / no go gauge for the filter element). Even so, I think I'll spend the extra money to buy bottled water in Sudan...

The barracks they have put us in is okay – simple, but functional. Even have the luxury of private bathrooms, but no WiFi... so I'll try to post this from the MWR building in the morning after breakfast. I should have a fair bit of time, we don't get cracking until 8am.

Had an early night – it was a long day and a long drive to get here. And remember: If I don't post something every day it's not because something is wrong – I might simply be busy.

Day two was more briefs - lots of talk about money and leave. Needless to say, everybody was paying attention. Will try for another early night - it's hard work to sit in a classroom all day

No comments:

Post a Comment